Marondo Capital GmbH is a private equity and a venture capital firm specializing in buyout and growth capital investments. The firm seeks to invest in medical technologies, healthcare technologies, information & communication, environmental technologies, new materials and industry 4.0 measurement control & automation.
- For medical technologies the firm invests in minimal invasive technologies, implants, homecare equipment, wound care, biomaterials and tissue repair, and it does not invest in service-only companies.
- For healthcare technologies the firm invests in diagnosis & screening equipment for pharma R&D, healthcare IT, e-health for health monitoring, health monitoring, data-analysis & digitization of processes within the industry vertical, and does not invest in pharma, biotech & drug discovery.
- For information & communication the firm invests in managed services & SaaS-based business models, cloud-based technologies, cyber security, marketing, internet & e-commerce including infrastructure, and does not invest in social media & consumer internet.
- For environmental technologies the firm invests in renewable energy technologies, energy technologies, storage technologies, water, smart services, smart grids, demand response, home automation, lighting technologies, and does not invest in utilities, distribution, infrastructure & power plants.
- For new materials the firm invests in lightweight materials in all industry segments, special purpose materials, nano-materials, smart & memory materials, renewable materials, and does not invest in traditional materials & exploitation.
- For industry 4.0 measurement control & automation the firm invests in industrial IT, internet of things, sensors, actuators, robotics, laser-based manufacturing equipment, additive manufacturing & associated infrastructure, and does not invest in electronic manufacturing services without IP.
The firm typically makes equity investment up to €15 million ($17.44 million) in companies having revenue in excess of €5 million ($5.81 million). The firm takes both majority and minority positions in firms. Marondo Capital GmbH was founded in 2016, and is based in Munich, Germany with an additional office in Stuttgart, Germany.